mercredi 10 mars 2010

Global Mall


• How did it feel to have more or less money than other people in the class?
It fell unfair because all people were the same, and because of money, we had to be separate each other. Poor people were not different, they just have no luck. And I think it’s a kind of same in the world. We are all equal, but because of money, we are differentiate
How did it feel to see what you could and could not afford at the Global Mall? It feel strange, to choose between all of those thing that we mostly need to live, and try to fix what was the most important (even if we need mostly all of them) and what was not important at least to survive.
• How many of you could not afford education? What would your lives be like if you could not go to school?
Personally, I had $1000, so I could have a good education, but it was not my priority. I had to use my money to eat, drink, ext. But I think if child doesn’t go to school, because of their parent’s economic problem, they’ll stay poor all of their life. Because they can’t find a job without education.
• How would it feel to have to choose between food and health care?
It feel really difficult, and also embarrassing. Because in class, it was just a game, but we knew that was real. We knew that some people have to choose between food, drink, health care.
• How many of you have ever been very sick or gone to a hospital or had friends and family who have? What would your life be like now if you had been unable to get medical care?
I have already been on the hospital, and I think if I couldn’t go to the hospital, my problem could being worse.
• What were the impacts caused by people with fewer Global Mall Dollars, and what were the impacts caused by people with more Global Mall Dollars?• Discuss the fact that roughly one-fifth of all people worldwide survive on
less than $1 (U.S.) a day – how does this limit their choices, and what are the environmental, social, and global security implications of this?
Poor people make poor environmental impact, because they don’t use coil, oil ext... But they need to go to hospital because they’re often sick. Wealth people make more environmental damages because they use coil, oil, electricity ext...but they doesn’t make too much global impact.
• When you were choosing what to buy, did you think about the environmental impact? For those of you in the lowest income range, did you have a choice about the environmental impact you produced? If not, how did it feel to
not have a choice?
Mostly, I have some choice, but I needed too much thing to think about environment. It feel sad, but I didn’t have choice, I had to choose the things that will help e to survive.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire